Cone Beam CT scans are quick and easy to perform at our office in Madison. During the scan, you stand or sits in the designated area. The scanner beams are used to take thousands of pictures of the face and jaw. These images are used to compile an exact 3D image of the inner mechanisms of the face and jaw. As a result, we're able to zoom in on specific areas and view them from alternate angles with great precision.
Cone Beam CT technology can be used to:
- Assess the quality of the jawbone for an implant.
- Determine where nerves are located.
- Diagnose early stage tumors and disease
- Measure the density of the jawbone
- Pinpoint the most effective placement for implants, angle, and best fit.
- Precisely decide on the appropriate size and type of implant(s).
- View exact orientation and position of each tooth.
- View impacted teeth.
Why do we use this technology?
- Less adjustment and grinding during seating
- Improved accuracy and clinical results
- Faster than traditional impression taking
- Reduced need for retakes
- No impression materials and mess
This means that our patients get:
- Quick and comfortable experience
- Better restoration fits and minimal grinding
- Improved clinical results
- Reduced number of appointments due to fewer retakes
- Reduced overall chair-time
At APEX Dental, we provide state-of-the-art technology, not only for your comfort as a patient, but for the best possible results. If you have questions or concerns about CT scans or 3D imaging, please contact our office or call (256) 864-2739 for more information.