Dr. English will examine your teeth and overall oral health during your checkup. With regular visits to our Madison office, we can prevent common dental health problems such as tooth decay or periodontal disease by monitoring your teeth and gums. We'll discuss the results of your examination and answer any of your questions about our recommended treatment or your dental health in general.
General dentistry often covers exams, screenings, and x-rays.
- Soft tissue exam and oral screening to identify changes in the tissues of the mouth.
- Periodontal or gum disease screening, including checking for pockets and a measurement of the depth of your gums.
- Digital X-rays and/or panoramic x-rays of your teeth, unless you have had x-rays recently. A full set of x-rays should be taken every three to five years, and bite wing x-rays should be taken every year. The x-rays help locate disease and decay not seen by the eye.
- Cone Beam CT Scans for faster impression taking, reduced need for retakes, and no impression materials and mess during your office visit.
- Preventive cleaning, which includes cleaning and polishing your teeth to remove plaque (a sticky film of bacteria on teeth that produces the acid that causes tooth decay).
- Sealants and a fluoride treatment, based on need.
If you would like to learn more about our general care, or how we can help you, contact our office in Madison or call (256) 864-2739.